Sunday, May 11, 2008


When is a painting finished?
I think that this painting is finally finished, but I have thought that it was finished about 5 times since I started it back in early winter....The more I am immersed in a painting, the harder it is for me to actually see it...or at least to see the important details of the composition that aren't working. Or maybe it's that after a period of time I just want it to be finished? And then there are some paintings that seem to paint themselves. I'm trying to sort this one out....

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Aitchison said...

I Love the paragraph you wrote... it made me smile. I just got a photo back from he lab this morning that I have reprinted 4 times. :)

I also love the painting. It has a nice cause and effect feel in relation to the movement & light. You are so very talented at achieving that in your beautiful landscapes.

Hope you have a great day,
Love, Jen

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home