Tuesday, March 11, 2008


Shoreline Series
I'm working on a 1/2" masonite panel with a ground of Liquitex modeling paste which is composed of a polymer and marble dust. I apply it with a trowel and then sand it very smooth. I'm working in thin layers of oil over this surface--it's kind of absorbent which is working well for me. The surface dries much faster than on a gesso ground so I can work the layers in the same session. I'm thinking about applying a layer of clear encaustic medium over the finished painting. More of these on my website on the "On My Easel" page.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Aitchison said...

The colors are really singing in harmony here. So is the movement. You are so talented, I always get so much joy looking at your work.

I am thinking about the surface you made to paint on. There was this product that was really popular a couple of years ago in interior house painting. They called it Venetian Plaster I think. It was acyrlic base and you would trowel it on... then smooth it. You could tint it first, and build it in layers, then glaze over it. You could get an effect that was even more realistically like a marble wall or a fresco wall. Playing with all the different products was one of my favorite parts of faux finishing I think, It made me feel like a scientist. :) HA HA HA
LOVE YA!

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angela! I really love these new paintings! Hope you had fun in Mexico for spring break, and hope to hear from you/see you guys soon! <3

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home