Monday, February 06, 2006








Northwest Michigan Regional

Juried Exhibition of Michigan Fine Art
January 29–April 16, 2006
Dennos Museum Center, Traverse City, MI

I was pleased that my painting, Meditation II, was accepted into this exhibit. The show was juried by Dennis Nawrocki, Professor of Art at the College for Creative Studies in Detroit. I finished this piece in the spring of 2005. The painting is oil on masonite panel and measures 48" x 16".

I combined panels from two different paintings in this piece and have created another "sister" painting with the remaining panels, (Meditation III). I had planned to segment the two paintings in this way when I began them. The panels showing the trees have a lot of surface sanding going on. I love to layer paint and then sand back into the piece, revealing all sorts of texture and pattern beneath. I often times sand back in using a very coarse sandpaper before the paint has fully dried. Then I can pull and drag the paint across the surface and around contours in the piece.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela's work is fabulous in anyone's home! We have 4 pictures by her in collection. They are in our NYC living room, reminding us of her & northern Michigan! I don't think anyone does a better job of painting northern landscapes & the many moods of the north. It's been pure pleasure watching her develop her art over the years!

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeee mommyblog! You go, girlfriend!

3:37 PM  
Anonymous barbaragreenemann said...

I like your philosophy evident in your work.
beautiful
barb mann

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home